Snake Handling Course
A comprehensive capture and handling course
Perry's Bridge Reptile Park offers a full-day comprehensive snake handling course.
This course is ideal for anyone interested in snakes or keen to learn more about these fascinating often misunderstood creatures.
If you are working in nature conservation, field guiding, game lodge management, or in the course of your employment regularly come into contact with snakes, this course will greatly increase your knowledge and build your confidence around snakes.
The course covers the following aspects:
* Biology and behaviour
* Snake venom - Signs and symptoms
* Risk factors in snakebite
* Dangerous snakes of Southern Africa - Identification and description
* First Aid in snakebite.
* Introduction to handling.
* Rules of handling
* Handling equipment.
* Handling techniques.
* Practical handling.
Practical Handling includes the following species:
* Puff adder - Bitis arietans
* Snouted cobra - Naja annulifera
* Boomslang - Dispholidus typus
* Mozambique Spitting Cobra - Naja mossambica
* Green Mamba - Dendroaspis angusticeps
All participants will receive both a CD and printed version of the course material.
All equipment required used for the course will be provided by Perry's Bridge Reptile Park.
Anyone interested in participating should contact us
for more information and current pricing.
All courses will be held in Hazyview, South Africa, however we can also provide this course at your venue provided it is in Mpumalanga.
All successful participants will receive a certificate of completion
Terms and conditions of Snake handling course
* A minimum of 4 applicants (Maximum 8) is necessary for the course to run.
* A fifty percent deposit is required two weeks prior to the scheduled date of the course. This is non refundable except in the instance that a course is cancelled.
* Pricing does not include transport, accomodation, meals, or drinks.
* Participants will be required to complete an indemnity prior to course commencement.
Leave Snake handling course.
Back to home page.
Back to Snakes-uncovered.com
Perry's Bridge Reptile Park, Mpumalanga, South Africa is the home of snakes-uncovered.com
Terms and Conditions of this Site